You Can't Live Without Your Liver
This month's MedEvidence! The Hour is a three-part series on You Cannot Live Without Your Liver. Doctors, Michael Koren and Bharat Misra discuss technologies to diagnose dysfunctions of the liver, Fibroscans and NASH.
You will learn:
- Technologies in Clinical Research
- What is a Fibroscan
- Why your doctor may not be offering you a Fibroscan
- Liver Biopsy vs. MRI vs. Fibroscan
- Who should receive a Fibroscan
- How often should I get a Fibroscan
- Should I ask my primary doctor for a Fibroscan
- Liver Biopsy vs. Fibroscan
- Insurance and Fibroscan
- What should I do after my Fibroscan
- How to find a free Fibroscan
- What is NASH
- What are the stages of NASH
- How to treat NASH
Dr. Michael Koren is a practicing cardiologist and CEO of ENCORE Research Group. He has been the principal investigator of 2,000+ clinical trials while being published in the most prestigious medical journals. Dr. Koren received his medical degree cum laude at Harvard Medical School and completed his residency in internal medicine with a fellowship in cardiology at New York Hospital / Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center/ Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Bharat Misra is the Medical Director of ENCORE Borland Groover Clinical Research and has been a Principal Investigator of numerous clinical trials. He also serves on the Board of Directors at Memorial Hospital and Jacksonville Center for Clinical Research in Jacksonville, Florida. He completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at the Nassau University Medical Center, State University of New York, and his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Gandhi Medical College in India.
Music: Storyblocks - Corporate Inspired
Recorded Date: June 20, 2022