Diversity in Clinical Research: Challenges and Triumphs
This month's MedEvidence! Radio Dr. Michael Koren and Kevin Geddings discuss Diversity in Clinical Research: Challenges and Triumphs.
Also included in this month's MedEvidence! Radio
- Is there too much talk or not enough about diversity in clinical trials?
- What is the purpose of diversity in clinical trials?
- What population participates most in clinical trials?
- Does it really matter which gender or ethnic group participates in clinical trials?
- What is the DEPICT Act
MedEvidence! Radio is a monthly live broadcast from WSOS 103.9 FM / 1170 AM with Kevin Geddings from St. Augustine, Florida. Dr. Michael Koren is a practicing cardiologist and CEO of ENCORE Research Group. He has been the principal investigator of 2,000+ clinical trials while being published in the most prestigious medical journals. Dr. Koren received his medical degree cum laude at Harvard Medical School and completed his residency in internal medicine with a fellowship in cardiology at New York Hospital/Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center/Cornell Medical Center. On a personal note, Dr. Koren has a lifelong interest in history, technology, Public Health, and music. He has also written two musical plays.
Further your learning:
- DEPICT Act (H.R. 6584) - This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on February 3, 2022. It will typically be considered by the committee next before it is sent to the House or Senate.
- Follow the DEPICT Act
- FDA Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
- Participate in Clinical Research
Music: Storyblocks - Corporate Inspired
Recorded Date: May 18, 2022